The Ellipse Award, founded in 2007, is bestowed annually to a community member who has improved the quality of life through pioneering or innovative approaches to civil infrastructure development or redevelopment. Infrastructure design directly impacts how a society operates through everyday structures and facilities. Water, sewer, energy, roads and bridges are just some of the systems that are connected and functioning through smart and effective infrastructure design. Additionally, a society’s safety and successful growth are dependent on infrastructure development. The contributions of the recipient are felt in every aspect of community living and the award is a symbol of one’s commitment to the well-being of others.
- 2018Former Democratic member of the New Jersey Senate and former Mayor of Camden, NJ
- 2017President, Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation
- 2016Report Card on America's Infrastructure
- 2015Former U.S. Department of Transportation Secretary
- 2014President and CEO, Trustee, Brandywine Realty Trust
- 2013Former Member, U.S. House of Representatives
- 2012Principal, NorthMarq Advisors
- 2011Executive Vice President of Exelon Corporation and President and Chief Executive Officer of PECO
- 2010Chairman and CEO of Aqua America, Inc.
- 2009Chairman of the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA)
- 2008Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Liberty Property Trust
- 2007Former Governor of Pennsylvania